Today I want to share a method of organization that I’ve been playing with for a while now and has been successful thus far.
Here is what I am able to do using this method:
- Keep track of all deadlines
- Break up my work and quickly adjust the schedule if I miss a day
What you will need to accomplish it:
- A fairly small or travel friendly notebook
- A pen or pencil
- Your deadlines, what you would like to accomplish, etc…
How I Keep My Week Organized:
- Take Inventory of What I Would Like to Do and What I Must Accomplish: The first thing that I do is to get a different sheet of paper and label the days as follows-
And so on.
On each day, I put the date when I absolutely must have an item completed; in other words, I mark the appropriate deadline.
Then I list the things on the side, that I would like to complete.
2. Break Up the Work: Next, I break up the work by looking at each deadline and deciding how much time it will take me to complete that particular job.
On the other side of the paper, I bullet list each item that I need to work on that day.
3. List Appointment Times: When I have appointments or times that I need to go to work, I will often list them near the date so that I can take this into consideration when deciding on how much time will be needed to complete my “to-do” list.
On the Notebook:
4. Simply Copy Over the What you Have Written. View an Example, Below:
What methods of organization do you use to keep you sane through out the week?